July 26, 2015

Charlene and Albert Attend the Red Cross Ball

Last night, everyone was surprised to see Charlene and Albert – who had just attended the wedding of Pierre Casiraghi at the palace – show up at the Red Cross Ball! It was delightful to see the Princely couple at the event, looking ever-so-much in love and radiantly happy with one another. There was a mix of good, bad, and then good again at the Gala last night, so let’s not waste any time and get right into it.

Let me first dive into the good. There was a lot of good last night! Hair and makeup: stunning. I need this woman’s skintone, or at least her skincare secrets. Charlene absolutely glowed and looked more fresh-faced than a mother of 7-month old twins has ever looked. Not a hair was out of place, and her eyes were hypnotic.

More good: jewelry. Hellooooo diamonds. The diamond earrings were knockouts, and the bracelet…

…I need this bracelet. Yes, that is a completely diamond-encrusted piece, and the photo doesn’t do it justice. Absolutely killer.

The color of the outfit was, truly, stunning on Charlene. The woman can wear bold reds without pause, as it just seems to go with her complexion in a way that many women can only envy. Myself included.

Now, for the elephant in the room, I’ll come out and pinpoint the bad: this outfit. Oh my stars…it was a complete flop. For me, it was a threefold flop: firstly, the fact that this was a jumpsuit instead of a dress. Jumpsuits are trendy and I get it, but people, they are so difficult to get right. This one, for me, did not meet the mark. A perfect event for a flowing evening gown…and we got pants.

Secondly, the shoulder bow was just too big for my tastes, it had almost a clown suit look to it. I half expect the floppy shoes when I see this. Though I think I might have forgiven the bow if the sleeve was either removed or fitted.

And that brings me to the third element: the pantleg-sized sleeve. It just swallowed her up. Charlene has such an amazing physique, which includes her toned arms. We saw one of them, which was good, but the other just got demolished.

Ok, that’s enough of that. End of rant. Now back to the good:

This couple. I mean! They are so in love, and it’s beautiful to see. Perhaps they were inspired by just having attended a wedding, but these two seemed to be making moon eyes at one another all night.

The look of love.

And in total, frank honesty: the dress is not so bad depending on the photos. If the angle is right, Charlene’s radiance shines through, and it works. She pulls it off, and the cameras are forgiving because she is such a natural beauty. If only we all looked this good in a bad outfit, am I right?

I will post photos of the wedding if and when they become available, but I haven’t located any thus far. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on this red “dress” in the comments below. And feel free to disagree, it would be delightful if my opinion was the minority!

Comments

1. maria cardozo says:

belllisima, un color que le asienta, esta muy cambiada despues de su maternidad.,

2. Katie Coble says:

Hi Maria! I’m so glad you liked Charlene’s dress. I agree about the color and about motherhood – they both seem to suit her beautifully :)

3. I’m glad I’m not the only one who really thought this should have been a dress. As a dress I could have maybe forgiven the odd shoulder, but as a jumpsuit it was just all wrong. Although HSH looked amazing otherwise, just not her best outfit.

4. Katie Coble says:

I agree, Sarai. It’s amazing that one detail might have saved the whole thing! When is the jumpsuit trend going to end? I feel like I’ve been waiting patiently for so long…anyway. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

5. elizabeth says:

did princess charlene attend pierre ‘s wedding? I have not seen one photo of her at either event.

6. Katie Coble says:

Hi Elizabeth! I have heard that Charlene did attend the Borromeo/Casiraghi wedding – at least the one in Monaco – but I haven’t seen any photos of her either. I’m very frustrated over it: half the fun with royal weddings is seeing what everyone wore! I will certainly do a post if anything comes up. Thanks for reading, and hope to see you again soon!

7. Red color really suits Princess Charlene. She is so beautiful. Perhaps a dress would be better for a ball, but as usual and that´s what I like, she always take risk.
    Lovely earrings and bracelet!
    I´ve recently discovered your blog and I just LOVE it!!!! Thanks for posting about one of my favorite royals!
    Greetings from Argentina

8. Katie Coble says:

Hi Bluma – I’m so glad that you are enjoying this blog!! Thank you for your sweet words and for sharing your opinions. I know, Charlene looks SO good in red (and yes, amazing jewelry as always). I agree about the risk-taking, too: it’s fun that she takes us by surprise so often! Thanks again for reading, and I hope to see you here again soon!

9. The former Olympian chose a one-shoulder red jump suit that showed off her statuesque, swimmer s physique, and completed her look with gold, strappy heels. She was joined at Saturday night s affair in Monte Carlo by her husband Prince Albert, 57, who gallantly led Charlene onto the dancefloor.